Everything You Need to Make Work from Home Easy and Comfortable
It is often said that the key to a happy family life is to leave your work at the office and, to quote the Godfather, “never discuss business at the dinner table.” However, today the line between work life and home life is blurred because of the coronavirus pandemic. Ever since the spread of the pandemic, businesses are exploring new ways to work amidst restricted movement because of the lockdown. Many companies have given employees an option to work from home so that business can carry on. While working from the comfort of your home certainly is convenient, it may be difficult to focus on work with all the distractions at home. Here are some work from home essentials you can use to build your office space at home and improve your productivity:
Working in the Office
- Fixed timings for the day
- Designated and fixed workspace
- Computer system set up by staff
- Need to spend time travelling
Working in the Home
- Flexible working hours
- Create and Customize your workspace
- Need to organize your own computer
- Save time & money since no travelling
Create a Dedicated Workspace:
The very first thing you need to do when you are working from home is to assign a particular space in your home that will serve as your remote office works space. It is recommended that you create your workspace in a closed-off room in your house in order to avoid distractions from the television, your pets, or your children. It will help if you design your workspace in such a way that you get the feeling you are working in a “regular” office. For example, you can buy a computer table or an office table that has enough space for your PC or laptop, along with drawers for your office files and stationery. Along with the desk, you need to make sure your workspace has adequate lighting to give you the “office” feel so that you can focus on your work. Many people buy LED desk lamps or eye-caring office table lamps in order to set the correct ambience in their workspace.
Get Comfortable Office Equipment:
One drawback about working from home is that since there is no particular restriction on timing, you tend to end you working long hours and late into the night. If you feel that you will be working from home for a long time, you should consider getting a comfortable office chair that has a thick padded seat for day-long comfort. There are a number of office chairs you can buy online that offer adjustable seat height that is designed for multi-tasking convenience. Additionally, if you lose a laptop while working from home, you can buy a laptop stand online that has an adjustable height feature for comfortable reading and typing. Multi-Purpose Laptop Tables are popular nowadays because they can be used for different things including as a TV dinner tray, a study table, or book writing desk for kids. Here are some features to look for when you buy office equipment for home use:
- Ergonomic design to ensure a comfortable working environment
- Adequate ventilation features, so your devices are always cool.
- Anti-skid elements to keep your devices safe while working at home.
- Made from durable and sturdy material so that it lasts for a long time.
Office Stationery and Organizers
If your work involves a lot of paperwork and files, then you will need to keep everything organized when you are working from home. While the office may have a lot of space to store stationery, if you are working from home, things can get a little cramped and disorganized. If you want to keep your home workspace neat and organized you should get a desk organizer or a file tray to store your important documents, letters, and papers. Even a quick search online will give you numerous options to buy office drawer organizers and compartment file racks for stationery and paper storage. While you are working from home, you also need to make sure you have all the supplies and stationery you need. Stationery manufactures have come out with new home and office stationery kits that have everything you need while working from home.
Back and Neck Support
One of the most significant benefits of working from home is that you can change your workspace according to your preference, and that includes adding accessories for more comfort. Memory foam cushions and chair back supports are popular office items that will make working from home a little more relaxing. Orthopedic lumbar support cushions like the ones available on Amazon help to relieve back pain caused because of prolonged sitting. Buying a seat cushion or back support will also help you develop a healthy posture, and improves blood circulation in your upper body. Here’s a quick look at the benefits of using seat and backrest cushions:
- Relieve lower back pain after sitting at your desk for long hours
- Helps to reduce the muscle tension that builds up while working
- Improve blood circulation and reduces the stiffness in your body
- Prolonged usage helps to develop a healthy posture and strengths the spine
Work-From-Home Essential Electronics
When you are working from home, it is essential to have all the necessary electronic and communications equipment so that your work goes smoothly. A multi-functional printer, long-range Wi-Fi router, wireless range extender, and a UPS System for backup power are the basic gadgets you need to have at home. Since constant connectivity is such an important aspect of working from home, here’s a couple of cool gadgets you can add that will make your work life less stressful:
- UPS with Increased Load Capacity: While your office may have the benefit of generators in case of a power outage, if you are working from home you should consider getting a UPS device for your computer or laptop.
- High Definition Web Camera: Because of the lockdown, the only way to conduct a business meeting is through online video conference using platforms like Zoom or Google Meet. If you want to ensure better connectivity during a business call, you should get an HD web camera with additional features like a built-in microphone or adjustable clip.
- Bluetooth Headset: In case your job requires you to make a lot of phone calls, you will need to make sure there is no obstacle while communicating with your customers or clients. You can buy a Wireless Bluetooth headset online that has noise reduction technology so that you are not disturbed by those at home.
Nobody can deny that we are currently living during a very challenging time. From a young child who struggles to sit for classes online to the delivery professionals who take risks just to deliver essential items to households across the country; the coronavirus pandemic crisis has changed economic and social like in many ways. But thankfully, there are ways you can make the most of the situation and continue to work. Hopefully, this blog will give you some ideas about how you can make work from home more comfortable for you and your family.