Top 4 Essential Things to Make Remote Work More Productive
Top Essentials to Make Online Classes and Work from Home Situations more Productive
In a pre-COVID world, parents and teachers would have a tough time getting kids to leave their mobile phones, log out of their computer and go out to get some fresh air. But today the tables have turned, (they have turned into computer tables apparently.) With online classes becoming the new normal, parents and teachers have to come up with ways to motivate students to sit in front of a screen and learn.
In the corporate world, the situation is pretty much the same. There is no chance for water cooler gossip or long chats in the break room. When you are working alone from home, it can be difficult to motivate yourself to be work hard. This blog will highlight some essential products you can use to make online classes and work from home scenarios more productive.
1. Buy a Fast and Reliable Laptop or Computer
Picking the right computer system depends very much on the work you will be doing at home. If you are only buying a laptop for your child’s online classes, you can make do with the bare minimum since the tasks will include taking notes, writing papers, or making PowerPoint presentations.
However, if you need to get a laptop or computer for office work, you will need a little more juice in it. Here’s what you need to look for when buying a computer for online classes or work from home:
1. Processor Speed-2 GHz or higher: Clock speed, measured in gigahertz (GHz) is an indicator of how fast the processor can process information.
2. Random Access Memory (RAM)-4GB or more: When using the device for online classes, 4GB should be enough. Otherwise, you can keep the target at 8GB.
3. Screen Resolution-1920×1080 or greater: Since you or your child will be watching the screen for hours, make sure the resolution is not harmful to the eyes.
4. Average Battery Life-3 Hours: To avoid interrupting your meeting or class to charge your laptop you should make sure the device has at least 3 hours battery life.
2. Get Noise-Cancelling Headphones and Microphone:
Whether your child is sitting for a classroom discussion with the teacher or if you are sitting for an important Zoom meeting with your boss, it is important that you can hear and be heard. Here are some features to look for when buying headphones or microphones:
- A noise-canceling microphone that eliminates background noise;
- Voice assistant : Alexa enabled (In-built) for voice access to music, information and more.
- In-line controls on the headphone cord to adjust the volume / mute calls;
- System compatibility to ensure the device works with all platforms and operating systems;
- Comfortable to wear : Super soft, pressure-relieving earpads in foamed urethane evenly distribute pressure and increase ear pad contact for a stable fit.
3. Crystal Clear Web Camera with Mic:
The trick to being productive in an online class or during an online conference is to participate. If you want your students to be involved in the class, or if you want your employees to benefit from the meeting, you need to make sure they can see and hear you clearly. A crystal clear web camera will be a significant improvement and encourage better communications. Here’s a look at what you need in your web camera:
- Clear video resolution of at least 640 x 480 or more;
- Full HD widescreen video calling for conference meetings;
- A multi-functional universal clip that can be attached to any device;
- HD lighting adjustment for better video quality;
- The web camera also comes with a built-in microphone;
- Auto white balance, night vision feature, and a manual switch for LED.
- Noise-reducing mic as an added feature so you can talk easily;
- Interface USB Image sensor CMOS Lens 3P High quality lens;
Also Read: Top 5 Best Wireless Mouse Under Rs 1000
4. Back and Neck Support for Comfortable Seating:
Children are quite energetic and will find it difficult to sit in one place and watch an online class. The same can be said for office workers who have to sit at their desks for hours during conference calls or presentations. To avoid neck and back pain while working from home or attending an online class, here are some products you can try out:
- Primary structure made of Nylon base, PP Arm rest with Mesh back for ventilation;
- Full-length spine correct back support to improve body posture;
- Coccyx Orthopedic seat cushion for relief from lower back pain;
- Neck Pillow for support while working without getting a stiff neck;
- Ergonomic Mouse Pad with gel wrist support to reduce wrist irritation and pain;
- Adjustable lumber support, Adjustable armrest 3D movement with PU Pad, Synchro tilt mechanism;
Business, schools, and educational institutions have been shut for months because of the coronavirus pandemic. It clearly looks like it will take time for things to get back to normal. Until they do, we need to learn to make the most of the current situation, and that includes doing our best to make online classes or work from home more productive.
We are sure that the products mentioned above will help you stay motivated and make the most of the current situation. You can also share your thoughts about what you are doing during the lockdown to be more productive with your work.